in Counselor Education, The University of Texas at Austin
- Licensed Counseling Psychologist in Taiwan,
R.O.C. No. 005433
- Student Counseling Center, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan, Taiwan
- Capital Area Counseling, Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
- Health Professions Office, College of Natural Sciences, UT Austin, Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
- Xi-Hu Middle School, Taipei, Taiwan
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Trauma and PTSD
- Mindfulness-based Interventions
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - Insomnia
- 55-hour Seminar on Queer Culture in Taiwan with Taiwan Adolescent Association of Sexualities
- 40-hour Trauma-Informed Volunteer Training with SAFE Alliance
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Behavioral Interventions
- Person-Centered Therapy
- Multicultural Counseling
To those thinking about therapy:
Before I get into who I am and the kind of work that I do, I would like to take the time to express my gratitude towards you. Thank you for reaching out for help. Thank you for choosing to confront your demons. Someone once said that "courage is not having no fear in the face of danger, but choosing to face danger in spite of your fears." I appreciate the journey that you have taken so far that brought you here. That can't have been easy, so I thank you. To me, there are very few feats a person can achieve that is greater than their decision to get better.
I am a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) oriented therapist. It means that I believe the way we think about ourselves and others have a huge impact on our well-being. It also means that I work collaboratively with you on YOUR goals. Even more importantly, it means that I believe that our working relationship is one of the most important factors that determines how far you'll progress in therapy. CBT is an evidence-based approach to psychotherapy that has had decades of research supporting its efficacy with a wide range of mental health problems, such as anxiety, depression, trauma, insomnia, and much more. If you, like me, believe that humans are flawed but possess the capacity to choose kindness and growth, there's a good chance we'll be able to help alleviate and learn how to cope with whatever it is that's troubling you.
Throughout our work together, I will listen intently to your story, collaboratively develop your treatment goals, and guide you along the path that you have chosen. The way I see therapy, I am more like an experienced guide with a map on how to change, while you are the adventurer that controls the wheels. For the most part, I let you decide where you would like to go, only stepping in when I see you need a gentle nudge. If what you have read so far resonates with how you think about therapy, then let's get in touch. I look forward to experiencing our journey together, wherever that may lead us.
Find out more about me and other stuff here: