Counseling Psychologist & Clinical Psychotherapist
- M.S. Counseling, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
- Individual Counseling/Psychotherapy-General Clinical Mental Health Issues
- Couple Therapy and Marriage Counseling
- Licensed Counseling Psychologist in Taiwan, R.O.C. No.002040
- Australian Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- Bilingual therapist in Reangel Clinics in Taipei City, Taiwan, R.O.C. Currently)
- Counseling Psychologist in the University Counseling Center, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic, Pennsylvania, USA
- Community Counseling Center, Indiana, USA
- General Mental Health Issues and Mental Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Psychosomatic Disorder
- PTSD or Trauma & Stressor-Related Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Couples and Marital Relationships
- Relational Wounds & Trauma Repair
- Affairs & Rebuilding Trust and Safe Connection
- Intimate Partner Aggression
- Abandonment Issues
- Distrust, Insecurity & Anxiety in the Close Relationship
- Couples Conflict and Communication Issues
- Sex and Intimacy Problems
- Issues involved in Open Relationships
- Other Issues Affecting Emotional Well-Being
- Sexual Orientation and LGBT-Related Issues
- Cross-Cultural Adjustment
- Self Confidence/Exploration/Acceptance & Healing
- Interpersonal Relationship Problems
- Family of Origin
- Trauma Related Experiences in life
Treatment Orientation in Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Based Integrative Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (Complete all core skills and advanced trainings)
I am a licensed counseling psychologist in Taiwan and a clinical psychotherapist registered in Australia. I have years of clinical experience and training to help adults cope with a wide range of mental health issues and mental illnesses such as depression, general anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder, as well as issues in relationships, life transitions and cultural adjustment leading to certain extent of mental disturbance.
I also work with couples dealing with problems causing emotional strain and mental distress in close relationships. I am particularly passionate to work with intercultural or cross-racial couples to help them understand their differences as individuals and work with the challenges and the difficulties due to that. My ultimate goal to every couple is to empower them to reach what they really long for and desire in the intimate relationship. While working as a therapist to help the couple to work on the problems in the relationships, I will also help them to know themselves and their attachment needs better individually. Then assisting them to articulate and communicate to their partners in a way that repairs the past wounds and reestablishes positive and nurturing bonding experiences that increase a sense of safety and security and closeness with each other. Besides, I welcome same sex couples very much.
As a bilingual clinician, I have years of experience providing individual and couples therapy to bilingual, Mandarin and English, speaking clients. Over the years, I have worked with clients from diverse cultural backgrounds and many of them reside in or come from countries including the United States, Canada, China, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc. It is my great passion to work with clients with rich cultural experiences and help them to go through those personal challenges in life.
I believe that human beings are not wired to survive alone. Although we need to be independent, we are, most of the time, interdependent indeed. When the storms of life strike you unexpectedly and seem to overpower you, I invite you to take a step forward and let me assist you with the process. I am dedicated to exploring with you and assisting you in this journey, in a caring and nonjudgmental way and in a safe environment, so that you can be empowered to reach a fulfilling and purposeful life.